Massage therapy is one of the most widely used and most comforting forms of treatment that is accepted by people across the world. All kinds of people will enjoy a good and soothing massage and many of its benefits are widely accepted. Massage therapies have a large history in cultures across the globe. In the modern world, massage therapy is used for different types of health-related issues along with the widely accepted relaxing technique. They have been known to relieve structural problems in the body by correcting muscle imbalance. Along with these known benefits, massage therapy has an encouraging influence on an individual’s overall wellness too. But it is important to select an experienced and efficient center like InBalance Massage Treatments in InBalance Wellness Center.
What are the effective benefits of massage therapy?
- Reducing Stress: In the current fast-paced routine, many people in the USA are suffering from stress linked illnesses like depression, heart issues, hypertension, diabetes, fibromyalgia, and even cancer. Even the doctors have identified the uses of massages and they suggest regular massages for many patients to avoid stress. It is found that stress release a hormone called cortisol that kills the healthy cells that are needed for immunity. Massage will reduce the stress levels by providing a soothing effect to the body and reduce the cortisol hormone levels. This will prevent you from getting sick very often. Hence people across the world add regular massage to their routine that has proven in helping to fight stress which in turn reduces illness.
- Reprieve from Chronic Illness:
Massages have proven to reduce symptoms of chronic illness such as arthritis, fibromyalgia and even cancer.
Decreases Anxiety: This is helpful for people who are taking long term treatments for illnesses like cancer. Doctors suggest having the message a day before the procedure cancer treatment procedure so that it soothes the patients and helps them to remain calm during the actual process.
Reduces Anxiety and pain– Massage eases anxiety before and during uncomfortable procedures. Some schedule their massage the day before a procedure or a chemotherapy infusion because they find it helps them stay calm. It also helps to manage and reduce pain due to certain treatments.
Reduces Nausea: Massages are known to display a reduction of nausea in patients who are undergoing bone marrow transplant.
Eases Fatigue and Improves Sleep: As massage relaxes an individual and gives relief from stress that initiates a sense of calmness helping them to fall asleep more easily and sleep freely without any interruptions. Along with this massage also reduces postural stress, structural imbalances, and recurring local pain. This allows to feel comfortable throughout the body and maintaining a comfortable sleeping position.
Aids in reducing depression: It has shown many results in relieving depression among patients who are receiving long term treatments for chronic illness.
- Recovering from injury: If you are recovering from a surgery or any injury, the regular massage can help you to get back to your routine more easily. Massage also increases blood circulation that helps oxygen and other vital nutrients are circulated throughout the body efficiently. This aids in repairing tissues and speeds up the recovery.
- Toughens the Immune System: Massage is known to decrease stress and reduce cortisol hormone that destroys natural cells, the immune system gets strengthened. As there is an elevation in White blood cells and natural killer cells, our body gets boosted to fight off the potential attacking cells. This is also very helpful for people who have a very weakened immune system due to chronic illness and continuous treatments.
- Reduces Hypertension: If you are getting, massage therapy regularly then it will have an encouraging benefit in reducing hypertension (blood pressure) issues. Massage ahs a positive impact on the nervous system that results in controlling the heart rate and thus lowering the blood pressure.
- Relieves Postural Stress
Many people perform their daily routine tasks either by sitting or standing but do not have stability between the different types of postures. They may be working at the computer desk, standing at a shop or whatever else task is done every day, people are being locked into similar posture every day. This postural stress is creating a long-term issue in the majority of working people. This is where massage therapies come for rescue of routine workers. Even for athletes who’s muscles and joints come under heavy stress, massage therapy will help them in smoothening and repairing muscle fibers after intense training sessions.
All these massage therapies must not be considered as a chief mode of treatment and it is important to consult a reliable doctor to know as to which form of this massage will help in supporting in reducing the health issues.
Why is touch important in Massage therapy?
Touch is the essential medium of massage therapy. All types of massage usually comprise of applying touch with a certain degree of pressure and touch movement. Hence, the massage therapist must know the right amount of touch for controlling the right amount of pressure to be applied for each person. Applying too much pressure might cause the body to be stiffened and using very little pressure might not have the proper effect. An experienced therapist will apply the exact amount of touch that will allow the massage therapist to get the right information through their hands about a particular individual’s body and will help in tracing areas of muscle stiffness.
Massage therapy is a treatment method that is growing in demand and popularity. Once measured as an alternative treatment, but it is now becoming very much mainstream. For massage therapy to be effective, massage therapists employ more than one method or sometimes combine many methods. If you are looking for an effective massage therapy that provides real-time results then you must opt for InBalance Massage Treatments by InBalance Wellness Centre who will understand each person’s requirements and use the techniques that will best meet those needs.