Yoga is so much more than twisting and turning, stretching muscles, practicing meditation and even finding inner peace. There are health and wellness benefits that help you in everyday life. In Balance Yoga in Orem, Utah teaches many yoga styles to provide you with these benefits.
- Yoga boosts immunity. A study from a group of scientists in Norway discovered yoga results in changes in gene expressions and boosts your immunity at a cellular level. Just start your poses on the mat, and already your cells change. As you breathe and move better, your blood circulates efficiently, and all organs function at a prime level.
- Sun salutations (sury namaskar). Sun salutations are a sequence of eight natural poses performed in a series. Usually the first poses taught in yoga classes, sun salutations, help with circulation, toning, and give you peace of mind. An excellent way to start the day.
- Ease your migraines and nagging headaches by practicing yoga. Just three months of good yoga practice at In Balance Yoga can relieve mental stress and physical misalignments. If you hunch over a computer or cell phone with your shoulders up around your head, you are probably experiencing tight neck muscles. As your head pulls forward, it creates muscle imbalances that contribute to migraines and stress headaches. Lie on your back and bend your knees. Keep your feet at least hip-distance apart on the floor. Rest your hands flat on the floor and press down through your legs. Move your hips to the sky. Keep your shoulders in line with the base of your neck and move your shoulders together. Lift your chest toward your chin. You are practicing Bridge pose or setu bandha sarvangasana.
- Sleep problems. Harvard researchers found that at least two months or eight weeks of daily yoga improved sleep quality for those with insomnia. Twice weekly yoga sessions at In Balance in Orem, Utah have helped cancer survivors and those with chronic illnesses sleep soundly and feel less fatigued. Yoga relaxes your entire body and ns enables you to deal with the stress of health treatments. Breathing and mental exercises learned in your yoga practice teach your mind to slow down.Learn Corpse Pose or Shavasana with diaphragmatic breathing techniques. This pose restores the body and helps energize your muscles. Lay on your back and keep your legs apart. Extend your elbows at your sides and lay your hands on your stomach. Inhale and exhale through your nose. Feel your belly rise and fall under your hands. Relax your body and take deep breaths.
- Do you crave the wrong foods? Try regular yoga practice at In Balance that will tone your body and give you an awareness of physical and emotional sensations. Use breath awareness to strengthen your mind and body connection. Breath awareness and yoga can help you tune out food cravings. Meditation is a great pose to fight food cravings. Lay (or sit) in a comfortable position and pay attention to the natural breathing patterns of your body. Breathe in and out through your nose. Pay attention the area around the tip of your nose and your upper lip. Think about the temperature of your breath. Just be still and focus on your breathing patterns. Do not move or react. Just stay in the present moment.
Whether you are attempting yoga to relieve stress or find peace of mind, there are countless physical, spiritual, and mental benefits of regularly practicing yoga. Relieve your daily aches and pain, improve your immune system, increase flexibility and improve your mental health. Relax and enjoy. Make yoga your practice at In Balance in Orem.