You may have dismissed yoga as nothing more than a New Age-y way to spend your time. Not so. Yoga is for everyone, and it will change your life. A now-reformed skeptic of yoga tried yoga because her friends nagged her into trying. And then there was the time when she looked in the mirror and saw someone rapidly declining into middle age. She claimed her back ached all the time, her diet was poor, and she was becoming an old crock. She knew that something needed to be done.
You probably have an excellent reason for taking up yoga. Perhaps you wanted to get in shape, learn to stretch, or the poses looked awesome. All good intentions and there are many reasons people take up yoga. Check out the ways yoga can improve your life and then register for the best yoga class in Orem.
- Become fearless – When you move from the basic asanas to more complicated balances, you lose the fear of falling and failing. You drop your fear of doing something different, and that moves into other areas of our life.
- Gain confidence – Mastering even the simplest of asanas you thought were beyond you gives you a feeling of conquest. You feel that you can do anything.
- Quiet your mind – As you work through the asanas, you can find serenity as you step onto your mat.
- Gets you out of your comfort zone – As a newbie, the most basic asanas can be a struggle. It’s okay to lose your balance in Tree Pose or slip when twisting in Triangle. When you look up at a room of strangers, you will see they are struggling too. Get back to posing – it will be good for you.
- Listen to your body – As you work through yoga poses you notice every sensation in your body, and you honor the journey. As you work through yoga poses you will realize those too-thick thighs are gone, and you look perfect. You stand taller. Those spine-lengthening asanas give you great posture.
- Breath – Usually, we don’t think about breathing, but yoga awakens your awareness of how to connect with your breath. You learn breathing is empowering. You learn to master your breath and cleanse your body with intentional breathing. Breathing in the right way detoxifies and cleans both your body and your mind.
- Lose your crazy hamster wheel – How can yoga change your life? You take away from the running without end to the serenity of just standing still and holding a pose. You learn to be a “corpse.” You learn to lie still and being numb to the world. A simple Child’s Pose will teach you to calm down your body and mind.
- You feel amazing –You do the Warrior Pose, and it becomes your mantra of life. You think about what you can do, not what you cannot do. You stop making comparisons. You know that you are unique, and you look for the uniqueness in everyone.
- You respect people – Taking the best yoga class in Orem teaches you that everyone has something good about them. You are no longer judgmental. Yours begin to love your quirks and realize that everyone has flukes. You realize that you are not perfect, but then neither is anyone else.
- Aches and pains eventually disappear – It may take some time at the best yoga class in Orem, but you will find your rhythm. Keep doing poses, and you will see that stretching becomes enjoyable rather than a chore. Your chronic backache will go away, and your muscles will respond.
- Yoga is anti-aging – Going to the best yoga class in Orem and trying hot yoga will help energize you. You will want to go to class at least once a week.
- Mental benefits – If you are attracted to the health benefits of yoga and hot yoga in Orem, then you will find that the psychological benefits are even better. There is a spiritual side to yoga where the goal is to be one with your consciousness and feel closer to God, nature, and the basic things in life. The best yoga class in Orem teaches you to move with the world, but not be a part of the hustle and bustle all around you.
Yoga sutras developed over 2,000 years ago, but it was until lately, perhaps the 1990s, that yoga became a part of focusing on your breath and meditating to escape worldly sensations. You now want to move closer to connecting to your spiritual side; your inner you.
Get rid of the thoughts that yoga has a stigma as an insufferable, trendy way of trying to be spiritual. Yoga is, at its very core, a potent tool that allows you to tap into your inner spiritual and physical potential. Taking the best yoga class in Orem gives you the confidence to take on challenges and conquer your world.